Welcome to Bible Answers
PROPHECY QUESTION 19
Lord isn't coming again. Is it true He is coming to earth again?
Without any offense to any, some ministers might tell you anything. In a survey taken in December 1987 from 7400 clergymen of the American Baptist Society, here are the results:
There are three things Jesus said He would do before He ascended back to heaven:
- 34% did not believe in the virgin birth.
- 33% did not believe in Christ's resurrection.
- 67% did not believe the Scriptures to be inspired of God.
When the last soul will be saved nobody knows; when it does happen then He will come for His pearl of great price. Will you be among them? Do you know Him as your personal Saviour from sin? Are you trusting in Him fully for salvation? Only those who do will be saved.
- I WILL SEND THE COMFORTER (Holy Spirit) (John 16:7) - He did ten days after He ascended (Acts 2:1-4). This He has completed, it is past.
- I WILL BUILD MY CHURCH (Matthew 16:18) - He is doing. He began this on the Day of Pentecost and it is continuing until this day. This He is doing, it is the present.
- I WILL COME AGAIN (John 14:3) - He has not fulfilled yet. He will not fulfill this until the second is finished. When the Church is completely formed He will come again as He has promised; then all believers will go to be with Him. This is in the future. This is the only thing which awaits fulfillment. He cannot come for His bride until she is complete.
All comments and questions to: Harold Smith
Updated July 2009, by Shelly Allen