Titus 3:5, 6 "He saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have
righteousness, but according to His mercy, by the washing of regeneration and
renewing by the Holy Spirit, whom He poured out upon us richly through Jesus
Christ our Savior."
1. I was received by a person (John 6:37).
2. I became accepted in the beloved (Ephesians 1:6).
3. I received a person (Colossians 2:6).
4. I received the Holy Spirit (1 Corinthians 6:19).
5. I was incorporated into the body of Christ (1 Corinthians 12:13).
6. I was born from above (Titus 3:6-7).
7. I became a child of God (John 1:12).
8. I became a partaker of the divine nature (2 Peter 1:4).
9. I became an heir of God (Romans 8:17).
10. I received an eternal inheritance (Colossians 1:12).
11. I received pardon (Ephesians 1:7).
12. I was justified in His sight (Romans 5:1).
13. I am accounted righteous before God (Romans 5:19).
14. I became free from condemnation (Romans 8:1).
15. I became a saint in Christ (Romans 1:7).
16. I received eternal life (1 John 5:11-12).
17. I became reconciled to God (Romans 5:11).
18. I became free from fear of death (Romans 8:2).
19. I was delivered from the law (Romans 7:6).
20. I became a spiritual priest (Revelation 1:6).
It is my hope that through a closer examination of each of these
will be encouraged in our faith and gain a deeper understanding of the impact
and wonder of being saved. May the Lord grant us a fuller, and better
understanding of the deep things that are true about being a child of God.
"Now believing is nothing else but the accepting of Christ for your
Savior as He is offered to you in the gospel; and this accepting is
principally, if not only, the act of your will; so that if you are sincerely
and cordially willing to have Christ upon His own terms, upon gospel terms,
that is, to save you and rule you, to redeem you and to reign over you, then
you are a believer." Thomas Brooks